Avnet Electronics Marketing - Community Forum

Avnet Inc.  |  Avnet Electronics Marketing

Visitor
raghud

exp video module with DVI output using TFP410.

Hi ,

i am using exp video board wich consists of DVI output and DVI input. in my design i am using DVI output. TFP410 transmitter is used for DVI output.before sending the Pixel data, we need to configure the rigisters of TFP410 using I2C. As i am using EXP VIDEO MODULE the TFP410 is mounted on the board with required hardware settings. my problem is i could not read or write the registers. in I2C write cycle i am recieving acknowledgements for slave address, sub-address and data. but when i read back the same registers i am recieaving the value "00". even if i read the read only registers i could recieve only "00". my query is that why i am recieving the value as "00" even when i recieve acknowledgement  for slave address and sub-address.

here the problem is that until and unless the TFP410 is configured,i cannot send the pixel data. kindly provide me solution for this.

Please use plain text.
Avnet Employee (Super Contributor)
brownman

Re: exp video module with DVI output using TFP410.

If you go to the Avnet Video Kit page (http://www.em.avnet.com/spartan3adsp-video) you'll find 2 ISE based reference design that uses a PicoBlaze processor to configure the TFP410 via I2C.  You may learn something from those reference designs.

Please use plain text.
Avnet Employee (Star Contributor)
AlbertaBeef

As previously mentionned, the Avnet Video Kit (http://www.em.avnet.com/spartan3adsp-video) provides reference designs for the EXP Video Module.

The "ISE Demos for the Xilinx Spartan-3A DSP 1800A Video Kit" provides a reference design which uses a PicoBlaze processor (in the FPGA logic) to configure the TFP410.

The "EDK Demos for the Xilinx Spartan-3A DSP 1800A Video Kit" provides a reference design which uses a MicroBlaze processor (in the FPGA logic) to configure the TFP410.

Regards,

Mario.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Oliver

Hello

Today I faced the same I2C read problem...

Did you find a solution to cover this item meanwhile?

May I kindly ask you to provide the related data?

Many thanky in advance!

Oliver

Please use plain text.
Avnet Employee (Star Contributor)
AlbertaBeef

How are you reading the values ?

- using a Microblaze-based design ?

- using a Picoblaze-based design ?

If you use the Microblaze-based design mentionned above, you will be able to perform the following I2C transactions via the serial port:

- 's' => scan for I2C devices

- 'i' => I2C diagnostics menu : read and write any register from any of the I2C devices

- 'e' => read DVI monitor's eeprom via I2C

Please read the reference design documentation for more information.

Regards,

Mario.

Please use plain text.