Avnet Electronics Marketing - Community Forum

Avnet Inc.  |  Avnet Electronics Marketing

Regular Visitor
andrest
Accepted Solution

MIG DDR3 reference design - ise_flow.bat problems

Hi,

I am trying to work through the MIG reference design I downloaded from the design resource center.  I'm following the pdf 'Avnet_S6LX150T_MIG_Design.pdf' that was included with the download.

I've used the coregen utility to create the memory files, but then on pg 20 of the pdf I am supposed to run a file called ise_flow.bat

the file tries to execute 'coregen' but in my dos cmd window I get a 'coregen is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file'.

Do I need to manually add the full path to the batch file before executing or is there some step I am missing?

I am new to working with this board and ISE.

Thanks for your help.

Please use plain text.
Avnet Employee (Star Contributor)
bhfletcher

Re: MIG DDR3 reference design - ise_flow.bat problems

The MIG scripts have a deficiency in that they don't include the required "settings" batch file call that will properly setup your environment variables and Path.  Add the following line to the top of your ise_flow.bat, then it should work.

call "C:\Xilinx\13.2\ISE_DS\settings32.bat"

You'll need to modify the path to point to your ISE version and Install location.  You'll also need to change to settings64.bat if you are running on a 64-bit system.

Bryan

Please use plain text.
Regular Visitor
andrest

Re: MIG DDR3 reference design - ise_flow.bat problems

Thanks - that seems to have fixed it!

Andres

Please use plain text.