Avnet Electronics Marketing - Community Forum
    |   

Visitor
raghud

exp video module with DVI output using TFP410.

Hi ,

i am using exp video board wich consists of DVI output and DVI input. in my design i am using DVI output. TFP410 transmitter is used for DVI output.before sending the Pixel data, we need to configure the rigisters of TFP410 using I2C. As i am using EXP VIDEO MODULE the TFP410 is mounted on the board with required hardware settings. my problem is i could not read or write the registers. in I2C write cycle i am recieving acknowledgements for slave address, sub-address and data. but when i read back the same registers i am recieaving the value "00". even if i read the read only registers i could recieve only "00". my query is that why i am recieving the value as "00" even when i recieve acknowledgement  for slave address and sub-address.

here the problem is that until and unless the TFP410 is configured,i cannot send the pixel data. kindly provide me solution for this.

Avnet Employee
brownman

Re: exp video module with DVI output using TFP410.

If you go to the Avnet Video Kit page (http://www.em.avnet.com/spartan3adsp-video) you'll find 2 ISE based reference design that uses a PicoBlaze processor to configure the TFP410 via I2C.  You may learn something from those reference designs.

Avnet Employee
AlbertaBeef

As previously mentionned, the Avnet Video Kit (http://www.em.avnet.com/spartan3adsp-video) provides reference designs for the EXP Video Module.

The "ISE Demos for the Xilinx Spartan-3A DSP 1800A Video Kit" provides a reference design which uses a PicoBlaze processor (in the FPGA logic) to configure the TFP410.

The "EDK Demos for the Xilinx Spartan-3A DSP 1800A Video Kit" provides a reference design which uses a MicroBlaze processor (in the FPGA logic) to configure the TFP410.

Regards,

Mario.

Oliver

Hello

Today I faced the same I2C read problem...

Did you find a solution to cover this item meanwhile?

May I kindly ask you to provide the related data?

Many thanky in advance!

Oliver

Avnet Employee
AlbertaBeef

How are you reading the values ?

- using a Microblaze-based design ?

- using a Picoblaze-based design ?

If you use the Microblaze-based design mentionned above, you will be able to perform the following I2C transactions via the serial port:

- 's' => scan for I2C devices

- 'i' => I2C diagnostics menu : read and write any register from any of the I2C devices

- 'e' => read DVI monitor's eeprom via I2C

Please read the reference design documentation for more information.

Regards,

Mario.