10-22-2009 01:07 PM
I was told that links to the presentations would be emailed out to registrants. When would that be?
I have several specific questions on this presentation:
1. The FPGA uPP logic core shown in the presentation, is it supplied by Avnet with the eval board?
I was able to download uPP docs from TI website but I couldn't find any uPP info on Avnet or Xilinx website.
2. I know the Spartan6 LX150T eval board is not available yet but is there some way I could get the design files now?
I'd like to get a head start with the software & reference design.
3. The OMAP L138 SOM from Logic, is this the right one?
Logic's brochure said it has 3 high density 100pin connectors where as the the Spartan6 LX150T board has 2 PMC LPC connectors so it doesn't seem like you could use that SOM with the eval board. If that's not the right one then which one?
10-23-2009 10:41 AM
The presentations should be posted in about a week. Please check back.
Here are some answers to your other questions:
1) Yes the uPP FPGA core will be supplied as part of the Board Support Package for the Avnet OMAP-L138/Spartan-6 Co-processing board. We are still finishing up some details and preparing it for public distribution.
2) We still have to do some verification work with the hardware and some other integration pieces with The MathWorks. We'd pefer to only distribute the final version of the files as it makes our support effort more consistent. Meanwhile you could certainly start developing and simulating the FPGA portion of your design using the Xilinx ISE tools, including System Generator for DSP.
3) Yes, that is the right SOM from LOGIC. It will not mate with the Spartan-6 LX150T eval board. Instead Avnet has created a specific eval platform that will include this SOM, plus a Spartan-6 LX45T FPGA.
Please "subscribe" to this thread as I will post announcements about the availability of the hardware, software and BSP for Avnet's co-processing platforms.
Thanks for your interest in this new design flow and platform!
11-12-2009 10:51 AM
The official email invite to the site where they are posted has lagged a bit. Sorry for the delay. I was just informed that they will be up Tues of next week. Thanks for your patience!
11-12-2009 01:25 PM
Thanks for the suggestion!
XFEST is a different kind of event than any one of our vendors can put on by themselves. So we have a some different challenges.
Hang on for just a few more days. Thanks!
04-22-2010 09:02 AM
The presentations from XFEST 2009 are posted here:
Avnet is currently working on a new co-processing platform, toolchain and seminar based on the Xilinx Spartan-6 FPGA and Texas Instruments L138 OMAP processor. Look for information in the next few months.